Note: this post originally appeared last month on my Blogger blog. I’m reposting it today in honor of Bryan’s post, Give Props to a Friend Day. So, Bryan, this “hate’s” for you, man: If you’re at all like me, then you hate Bryan Allain. The man is a menace! Not only is he everywhere on the Internet, but his reach is growing through this BlogRocket Community he’s recently launched!
So why do I hate him?
Let me list the ways:
1) He’s unfailingly kind. I mean, come on, nobody’s that nice, but he is! He takes the time to answer even the most inane questions, and makes one feel like they matter.
2) He’s generous with his wisdom–he truly does want to see you succeed. Not only that, but he always tells the truth about everything.
3) He makes me want to be a better blogger–which is costing me time, as I write (and rewrite) my posts. (He even gave me a guest spot on his blog!)
4) He challenged me, and others, to lose weight last month–and I did, which is going to cost me money as I buy new clothes! Thanks, Bryan!
6) Being in the community, seeing what other bloggers are up to, has challenged me to step up my game. And the pressure I feel, the weight of responsibility to produce compelling content–I lay that at Bryan’s feet!
Those are but few reasons why I “hate” Bryan. Care to share yours in the comments?
PS This post is entirely tongue-in-cheek. Bryan is a pretty awesome guy!
PPS Because he’s originally from Massachusetts, Bryan pronounces the word fountain as “founht-in,” instead of “foun-ten.” You can hear that here
in his Ad Unbrilliance Video for a women’s event at his church.